Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whole30 - Day 9

I had another rough night of sleeping last night. I'm not sure what the deal is. It seems like I can sleep when I'm not supposed to be sleeping, but can't sleep when I need to. You know what I'm talking about? I can fall asleep easily in the morning after the first alarm goes off. I could take a nap right after work, but then wouldn't make dinner and would mess up my whole sleep schedule (let's not make it worse). 

I woke up this morning with every intention of riding bike on the trainer. The radio turned on at 5:30am and I just didn't have the motivation. I laid in bed until about 6am. Yoga popped into my head. Besides, my body has been a bit sore lately from all the squats (900 in the past 9 days!), sit-ups and push-ups. So... I found an online yoga website and did a 35-minute bend & stretch workout from Do Yoga With Me. They have a ton of workouts with varying degrees of difficulty. I can feel a difference in my body today. I feel like it alleviated some of the soreness and tension that was building up. I may have to incorporate yoga once per week. 

During my lunch hour, I got my second allergy shot of the week. I moved up to the "B" vial. Not sure what that means, but apparently, the dosage is progressing. Very minimal itching today, which is great. A couple weeks ago, I had a minor reaction to my cluster shots (3 shots in each arm in 2 hours). They cut back on my dosage and I'm doing the twice per week normal shots (1 in each arm per visit). I decided to swing by Vitamin Cottage before heading back to the office. I didn't buy much on this visit - just one bag of Spicy Flax Snax (only costs $4.15 at Vitamin Cottage), 2 - 6 oz containers of organic blueberries (on sale 2 for $5!) and a handful of assorted Larabars as a potential snack food in the upcoming weeks. 

Breakfast: Diced yellow squash, spinach, two scrambled egg, half of a small avocado and a few dashes of nutritional yeast. I added two all-beef snack sticks

Lunch: Leftover cauliflower soup w/ gremolata and sugar-free bacon. Simple salad with mixed greens, tomato and avocado. I made my own dressing with fresh-squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, sea salt and pepper. 
Dinner: Breakfast for dinner! I sauteed onions and bell peppers. Scrambled five eggs (four would have been enough) to split between my husband and me. I cooked up some sugar-free sausage. We ate our scrambled eggs/veggies/crumbled sausage and diced tomato on Pure Wraps. I cut up a cantaloupe, so we enjoyed a couple slices on the side. 

Now, I'm just sitting back enjoying the best night of television. Big Bang Theory. Two and a Half Men. Person of Interest. 

Tomorrow will be double digits! Happy Friday! This weekend I will be typing up a new recipe for you. Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment