Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Whole30 - Day 16

I am over the hump. It's the second half of the Whole30 challenge. Amazing how fast time flies! I don't feel deprived at all. There have been a couple of times where I felt super hungry, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've been thoroughly enjoying the foods I'm eating. I'm doing my best to make different dinners for the entire 30 days. Variety is the spice of life. It keeps one engaged too. 

Unfortunately, I didn't get a great night's sleep last night. When the 5:30am alarm went off, I was still feeling a bit tired. Luckily, I was able to sleep until 6am. I did my 100 squats, 100 sit-ups and 25 push-ups while watching the local news. I made a quick breakfast before getting dressed and heading out the door. 

Work ended up being extremely busy. Meetings, phone calls, projects. As I look back on the day, I feel it was quite productive. I accomplished a major task before I left for the day. I just have to compile some data into one spreadsheet and then I check that off the list. It feels great to check things off the to-do list. Even with work being so busy, I took a much-needed break to run outside. I thought it was going to be 50 degrees today, but it ended up hitting about 40 degrees by lunch time. 40 is still warm enough for running in shorts and a t-shirt, especially here in Colorado where the sun shines so strongly. That sun felt so amazing. I ran for 31 minutes and then went into the fitness room to cool down. I ended up running at 8.6 mph for a minute and then jogged at a 3% incline at 6 mph for 4 minutes and then walked for a couple minutes as a true cool down. Of course, I stretched a bit before going back to work. Stretching is so important. I don't do it enough, but I'm doing at least the bare minimum after my workouts. I am also incorporating weekly yoga into my routine. That means tomorrow is a yoga day! Yay! 

Breakfast: The rest of the Banana Nut Porridge with blueberries and a bowl of sliced strawberries. 
Snack: Before running, I ate half a Cashew Cookie Larabar.
Lunch: Leftover salmon and garlic-lemon broccoli. 
PM Snack: Banana, the rest of my banana muffin that I nibbled on yesterday and the second half of the Larabar. I was hungry after running. 

Dinner: Cauliflower "rice". Grass-fed ground beef with a diced onion and orange bell pepper. Roasted Brussels sprouts. Cashew "alfredo" sauce. Mix it all together on your plate. Delish! Lots of flavors and textures in this meal. I drank about a third of a bottle of Strawberry Kombucha.

I'm going to end on an observation over the past couple days: The news world has been awfully strange lately. Have you heard about the Manti Te'o girlfriend hoax? It's bizarre. Now today, Lance Armstrong is being brutally honest with Oprah in an interview about doping. This is really odd. What are your thoughts on Te'o and Lance? Do you think we'll be seeing Manti Te'o interviewing with Oprah next week? 



No comments:

Post a Comment