Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Whole30 - Day 1

Here we are on Day 1 of the Whole30 Challenge.

I weighed myself for the first time in months. Apparently, eating Paleo goodies regularly and not training for an Ironman will have an impact on weight. I just have added motivation to make the best decisions for my body this month.

Starting weight and measurements
Height: 5'9" (just as a baseline)
Weight: 159 lbs.
Biceps: 11"
Chest: 36"
Waist: 26.5"
Hips: 39.5"
Thighs: 23.5"

You won't see anything else about my weight or measurements until February 1st.

I woke up feeling a bit tired today. I'm in dire need of a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, this time of year is the most stressful time for payroll processing. Year-end and W-2s and corrections, oh my! I had no motivation to workout this morning before work. That tends to be the trend when I don't sleep well or enough. I did 100 situps, 100 air squats and 25 pushups. Feeling pretty good about that.

Below is what I ate today.

Breakfast: Leftover Paleo Lasagna (recipe is on my Facebook page) - it has zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, celery, onions, ground beef, tomatoes and cashew cheese sauce. It's a pretty hearty dish.
Lunch: Leftovers - chicken fajitas








 
Dinner: Almond butter & blackberry grass-fed beef burgers on curly-leaf lettuce. Baked sweet potato fries on the side. I pretty much followed this recipe. The only changes - I used blackberries and almond butter instead of strawberries and sunbutter. I omitted the scallions since I didn't have any on hand.



Overall, I feel pretty good today. No crazy feelings. No cravings. Tomorrow we're going the Nuggets basketball game and will be faced with temptations. I'm thinking we will stop somewhere on the way downtown to eat salads. That way we can stay Whole30-compliant. There's a Paleo coffee shop near downtown that serves soups and salads. That's a strong contender.

What was the best thing you ate today?  

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you guys! Stop by for dinner, I''ve got Zesty Beef soup on the fire and of course salads. Would love to see you, we''re open until 7:00!
    Best,
    Jami
    mmm...COFFEE!

    ReplyDelete