Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Whole30 - Day 14

If I could sum up today in one word, it would be: heavy. Why? My eyes have been itchy and heavy all day long. I was on a webinar all morning and could barely keep my eyes open. All I wanted to do was put pressure on my eyeballs and keep them closed. That's how I feel about today.

I did my squats, sit-ups and push-ups while watching the rest of last night's "Biggest Loser" episode. I'm shocked at how poorly Dolvett's team fared on the scale. A two pound loss is still a loss, but you'll be voted off that show faster than you can say 'chocolate'. I put together crockpot meatballs before eating a quick breakfast and heading out the door.

I didn't work out today. I packed my workout bag with intentions to originally workout during lunchtime. On my way to work, I thought it would be better if I ran my errands during lunch and go to the gym after work. So, I went to Target and Vitamin Cottage. Target... what can I say about you? I had a list: Purex, Ziploc Snack Bags, Ice Cube Trays, Avocados. I walked out with the first three items (no avocados) + two packages of socks. If they had had a better stock of socks, I may have bought more. I even found myself looking at the slippers and boots. Then I looked at Valentine's Day gifts. Seriously?

At Vitamin Cottage, I found avocados on sale for $.75 each! Then I grabbed more unsweetened banana chips, Kombucha (I will brew my own... maybe that'll be next month's project) and Larabars. At this point, I felt extremely hungry. I made lunch immediately upon getting back to work.

Breakfast: I didn't eat a lot. Just some Banana Nut Porridge with unsweetened shredded coconut, blueberries and blackberries.

AM Snack: 3 pieces of dried mango
Lunch: Leftover cauliflower soup w/ gremolata, chicken sausage, avocado and crackers. I ate a couple pieces of cantaloupe to round out the meal. May not be very pretty, but it was sure tasty.

Dinner: Spaghetti Squash and Crockpot Meatballs drizzled with some cashew "alfredo" sauce with roasted zucchini and yellow squash on the side. I've made these meatballs quite a few times already. They're delicious and easy to put together. I even made them for my non-Paleo parents when they visited over Thanksgiving weekend. They enjoyed them too.

I'm relaxing for the rest of the evening. I'll try to go to sleep early tonight. I've had a tough time falling asleep lately, even though I feel tired. 8pm sounds awfully desirable. Even if I don't fall asleep, it feels good to lie in bed. May you all sleep well and have sweet dreams!

Questions for the Night: Do you ever remember your dreams? Did you ever have a recurring dream when you were younger? I frequently have both lucid (where you can control your actions in your dream) and vivid dreams. One of my recurring childhood dreams was going down into the basement at my childhood home to find the ceiling and walls coated with yellow jackets (wasps). I would freak out, run back upstairs to my bedroom, jump into bed and would wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment