Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Whole30 - Day 3

Happy Friday everyone! At this point, hopefully you are done working for the day (or week) and enjoying the beginning of your weekend.

My day started at 5:30am. I went to the small gym by our house which has older treadmills. I've never liked those treadmills for some reason. This morning, I ran a 5k on one of those old, dreaded treadmills. I'm not sure if it was psychological or physical, but I had a really rough run this morning. I took a few walk and water breaks during the run. I average 25-26 minute 5ks and this one took 28:30 or so. I have been doing 100 squats a day for the past 4 days, so that could have impacted my performance today.

Breakfast: I made a hodgepodge in the frying pan with kale, leftover cauliflower rice, leftover salmon and the few spoonfuls of cashew cheese sauce that was left. Just trying to clean out the fridge.

Lunch: Zesty Beef Soup from Mmm...Coffee! with plantain chips and 2 pieces of cantaloupe
Dinner: Friday night's are usually a throw-together of whatever we have left in the fridge. Tonight, I made turkey burgers. I sauteed an 8 oz. package of sliced mushrooms and half an onion (diced) in a little bit of olive oil. Seasoned it with sea salt and freshly-ground pepper. I let them cool a bit. In a large bowl, I mixed together the cooled veggies, ~2 pounds ground turkey (pasture-raised), 1 egg, 1/4 cup almond meal, 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper. I formed them into patties (4-6 patties). I cooked them in a frying pan (but could also be grilled). The burgers were topped with a sliced Roma tomato and 1/4 avocado. I wilted a few handfuls of spinach in another pan. I had some zucchini as well, so I diced and roasted it in a 425-degree oven. Here's what my plate looked like. Yum!

Dinner turned out delicious! Sometimes the best meals are those unplanned.

I did some research today and found out that Kombucha is Whole30-approved! Flavored or unflavored, as long as it's unsweetened. Strawberry Serenity Kombucha somehow made it into my shopping bag after work today. I drank half of the bottle tonight and will save the rest for sometime this weekend. Kombucha is one of those things that you either love or hate. There's no in-between. I happen to love it. Strawberry is my favorite flavor, but I also enjoy the Cosmic Cranberry, Passionberry BlissGuava Goddess, and Mystic Mango.

I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend ahead. I may watch a little football (Go Colts!), exercise and practice my cooking show script/wording.

Are you doing anything exciting this weekend? Whatever you are doing, make the most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment