Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Whole30 - Day 5

Day 5. 1/6th of the way through. Things are going pretty well. Weekends are typically the tougher days because I'm home all day with the temptation to snack. I normally bake on the weekends too, but not during Whole30.

I woke up around 8am and snuggled with our kitty, Mango. He loves attention and I thought some 1:1 time with him would be good.

I made some breakfast a bit later (details below). Watched "Clueless" on TV allowing my food to settle before going out for a run. Who else remembers watching "Clueless" during their teen years (or younger)? I was 11 years old when the movie came out. It's a classic, that's for sure. I did some research on the ages of the main cast. I'm always curious, because actors/actresses are almost always older than the characters they portray. Paul Rudd (Josh) was 26. Alicia Silverstone (Cher) was 19. Brittany Murphy (Tai) was 18. Stacey Dash (Dionne) was 28. Anyways, after the movie ended, I changed into my running clothes for my long(ish) run. I ran 6.3 miles around the neighborhood. My legs are still adjusting to the 100 squats per day so it was a slow run. 59 minutes compared to my usual 55 minutes for that route. I was just happy I was able to run the entire distance, considering it was my longest run since Ironman last August. I must commit to more running over the next 8 weeks. I have a half marathon to run in March.

After running, I watched the Colts playoff game. I'm a bit disappointed in their performance today. They definitely exceeded my expectations this season. They'll be a force to reckon with next year. Now I'm cheering on the Broncos the rest of the way.

Breakfast: I like to use up leftovers within a few days. Otherwise, it seems I throw out food on a regular basis. I sauteed onions, mushrooms and bell peppers with the last leftover turkey burger. Then I mixed in 5 eggs (for the two of us). I put a sliced tomato and diced avocado on top. We ate it with a Pure Wrap.
Lunch: Leftover steak tips w/ mushroom gravy atop cauliflower "rice" and broccoli.
Dinner: Yam & Carrot Cakes with sugar-free sausage from U.S. Wellness Meats, Crispy Prosciutto, 1 egg and roasted zucchini & yellow squash.
Snacks: Post-run, I drank a Cranberry Kombucha. I snacked on some Pizza Flax Snax and Sunflower Flax Snax this afternoon.

Top left: Go Colts! Top Right: Dinner. Bottom left: Breakfast. Bottom right: post-run beverage. 
The weekend is over. Going to bed soon. Sunday nights are important to get a good night's sleep to start the work week. Otherwise, it's tough to catch up. It's another busy week for me. Hope you all had a lovely weekend! Make the most of each day this week. Live in the present moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment