Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Whole30 - Day 19

Oh, how I love weekends. I slept in again this morning until 8:30am. It's so amazing to sleep as late as my body needs. Upon getting out of bed, I prepared some breakfast. We watched TV while our food settled. I also did some pinning on Pinterest while waiting for my husband to get home from his haircut.

We had a 7-mile run on our training plan for That Dam Run Half Marathon. The weather wasn't quite as nice as yesterday, but we had to get it done. Temps were hovering in the mid-40s and it was a bit windy. I still wore shorts and a short-sleeved shirt. We have a 3.6-mile loop around our neighborhood, so we ran that twice. Between loops, we took a brief water break on the porch. I felt pretty good on the first loop. Second loop, I had some trouble with my breathing. When I push my pace too fast, I tend to struggle with breathing. In turn, my heart gets a weird feeling and sometimes my heart rate will spike to about 200bpm. I didn't have that problem today, because I eased back on my pace. I finished the 7.2 miles in 1:04:53. Last year, I was running that route in an hour flat. It'll take some time to condition my body back to that pace.

After running, I showered and ate a late lunch. I definitely needed a refueling. As I was sitting on the couch, I started to feel awfully sleepy. I could have fallen asleep at 4pm. I had some food prep to do, so I got myself off the couch. I made a double batch of Paleo Crackers to eat with our tuna salad tonight and with our Crock Pot Beef Stew later this week. I also chopped onions, carrots, parsnips and celery for our beef stew. I chopped some carrots, celery and red bell pepper for our tuna salad. I was a busy little bee in the kitchen. I still need to marinate some pork chops for dinner tomorrow.

Breakfast: Omelette with yellow squash, grass-fed all-beef hot dogs, spinach and cashew "alfredo" sauce to hold it all together. Sweet potato slices on the side.
Lunch: Spaghetti Squash with a handful of spinach, leftover meat sauce and cashew "alfredo" sauce. I couldn't finish my plate... my stomach just didn't feel right after running, even though I felt hungry. I did drink a glass of Berry Juice alongside my food. 
 Dinner: Homemade tuna salad atop mixed greens with diced avocado and cucumbers. Paleo crackers on the side. My tuna salad - canned tuna, diced carrots, diced celery, diced red bell pepper, Lemonaise, Dijon mustard, sea salt and pepper. I drank a few sips of Gingerberry Kombucha with dinner.

All that's left for today is marinating the pork chops. Then it's bedtime for this girl. Weekends go by way too quickly. Here's to a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment