Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Whole30 - Day 2

"A thousand mile journey begins with a single step." - Lao-tzu

I just embarked on this journey yesterday. The first step is half the battle.

This is a much shorter post as I worked all day and then went to the basketball game in the evening. I went to bed last night at 8:30pm, but Facebooked a bit and played Words With Friends until about 9pm (I have a lot of games going). Decided this morning would be a bike ride on the trainer day, along with my 100 situps & squats and 25 pushups. I have a goal of doing 100 situps and squats everyday this year. I feel lighter today. I realize it's only Day 2, but I really do. I don't necessarily look thinner, but feel better.

Breakfast: Wilted kale w/ leftover cauliflower "rice", ground turkey w/ onions and mushrooms and a drizzle of leftover cashew cheese sauce on top
Lunch: Leftover almond butter blackberry burger on curly leaf lettuce with sliced sweet potatoes on the side
Snack: A slice of cantaloupe - tasty!
Dinner: Went to Mmm...Coffee! My husband and I both ate a bowl of zesty beef soup w/ plantain chips and an orange & arugula side salad. The soup had grass-fed beef, carrots, tomatoes, parsnips and green chilies (among other ingredients). It was incredible! So glad we ate here. The owners are such lovely people.

The food at the basketball game was Anti-Paleo. In the suite, there were potato chips w/ dips, brats w/ sauerkraut and all the fixins, a nacho bar, desserts and a fridge filled with beer and sodas. We drank water. Anti-Paleo food doesn't even appeal to me anymore. Thank goodness for no temptations!

TGIF tomorrow! I love Fridays. There's just something so fun about Fridays. Maybe it's the thought of having two days away from work or maybe it's the thought of waking without an alarm the next morning. I just love it!

What's your favorite day of the week and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment