Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Paleo Easter Treats: Recipe Round-Up

Source: Angie's Suburban Oasis
Happy Good Friday to all!

Sunday is Easter and many of you will be spending time with your friends and family celebrating the holiday. Some traditions may include coloring Easter eggs, conducting Easter egg hunts, making chocolate bunnies and indulging in other spring-related treats. I've rounded up a list of Paleo treats you could make for the special day.

  1. Carrot Cake Pancakes by Multiply Delicious
  2. Carrot Cake Cookie Bars by Real Sustenance
  3. Paleo Creme Eggs by The Paleo Mom
  4. Healthy Easter Basket Ideas by Robb Wolf
  5. Lemon Curd Bars by The Nourishing Gourmet
  6. Carrot Cake Muffins by Livin Paleo
  7. Chocolate Almond Butter Bunnies and Eggs by Healthy. Happy. Life. (recipe calls for peanut butter, but use almond butter or Sunbutter to make it Paleo)
  8. Lemon Cookie Tarts by Healthful Pursuit
  9. Healthy Cadbury Creme Eggs by Chocolate Covered Katie
  10. Carrot Cake Milkshake by Chocolate Covered Katie
If treats aren't really your cup of tea, here are some great resources on how to color your eggs naturally, without the use of food dyes. 
  1. What's Cooking America
  2. Better Homes & Garden
  3. Vegetable Gardener
Growing up, we always had Easter egg hunts. My parents did an incredible job hiding the eggs. They would hide green eggs in the plants around the house, pink eggs against pink furniture and so on. They usually put a combination of candy and money inside the eggs. My brothers and I took the hunt very seriously. We did this up until I was 16 or 17 (and my brothers are older than me). 

My husband and I don't have any kids, so the Easter egg hunt won't be on our agenda. However, the carrot cake pancakes and lemon cookie tarts both sound amazing though. I may have to indulge a bit on Sunday and try out those recipes. Sunday is the the last day before I get serious about getting lean. While some will be ending their Lenten sacrifices, I will just be starting my purification period. 

What will you be doing for Easter? Do you have a special meal planned? I would love to hear about how you celebrate the holiday. 

Hoppy Easter and enjoy your weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment