Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

Whole30 - Day 17

Friday, Friday, gettin' down on Friday!

I love Fridays! I woke up with a positive outlook. I did my 100 squats, 100 sit-ups and 25 push-ups while watching "The Office" from last night, followed with a 20-minute yoga video. My body and mind felt really strong afterwards. I felt calmer than I have in a while.

First thing this morning, I scheduled a massage over my lunch hour. There's a massage place just a few minutes away from the office. It felt amazing! I haven't had a massage in a while and need to start using some of my credits. I think I have 5 massage credits available.

On the way home from work, I stopped by the grocery store to grab some dinner. My goodness, the store was packed! The parking lot was completely full. I grabbed what I needed and left in under 10 minutes. I did buy a couple extra things: Bolthouse Farms Berry Boost and Strawberry Banana smoothies/juice and Organic All-Beef Hot Dogs (for breakfast tomorrow?). With regards to the fruit juices/smoothies, consumption will be limited. It's better to get your nutrition from whole fruits rather than liquid form.

Breakfast: One meatball w/ tomato-onion sauce from the other night. A couple large handfuls of spinach w/ two scrambled eggs and a Pure Wrap.

AM Snack: A few mango slices.
Lunch: Leftover cauliflower "rice", roasted Brussels sprouts and grass-fed ground beef w/ onions & orange bell pepper with cashew "alfredo" sauce.
 PM Snack: Apple - It was almost 4pm and I just felt like eating something.
 Dinner: I bought a rotisserie chicken (unseasoned) and broccoli slaw at the store. I mixed the broccoli slaw with a little bit of Original Lemonaise. I diced a Roma tomato and avocado for each of us, squeezed some lime juice on top and seasoned it with sea salt and pepper. Simple, yet full of flavor. I finished off the bottle of Strawberry Kombucha as well.

Today was a good day overall. Of course it was... it was Friday! Our weekend is low-key. I'm thankful for that. I'll do my meal planning for the week and go grocery shopping tomorrow morning, most likely. Other than that and workouts, I don't have much on the agenda. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment